- Started formally blogging again, first by Blogger and then made the move here to Wordpress.
- Became a Macbook user and owned almost everything Apple except for my phone: Macbook, iPod, iPad.
- I stayed in New York for the summer for the first time, being away from home for a record 7 months, for internships and to be a summer RA.
- Turned 21.
- Went to RA Soiree with good friends.
- Was nominated for an award by one of my friends for the first time.
- Made homemade dough for the first time & tried my first IPA.
- Experienced my first real natural disaster (Hurricane Sandy).
- I voted for the first time!
- Saw the New York Philharmonic perform for the first time.
- Went to go see Seminar and saw Alan Rickman for the first time.
- Participated in Holi for the first time.
- Attended an Indian wedding for the first time.
- I did some amazing programs with fellow RAs.
- I went to Dave & Buster's for the first time and did weird things with RA friends, including getting a photo in their kitchen...
- Got to show an NYU friend around one of my favorite places in LA for the first time.
- Went to a Halloween party for the first time and got to dress up as something I wanted to, not a last minute costume.
- I did many, many brunch dates.
- Went to some places for the first time like the New York Aquarium and Coney Island.
- And did so much more.
I didn't realize how many firsts I did this year! It's been a lot of fun but I look forward to 2013 and all of the new experiences and adventures I will be able to embark on in the coming year. My goal is to definitely take more pictures with my new camera & my DSLR..makes things a lot nicer than these (mostly) phone pictures. Also, I am very blessed to have been able to meet so many amazing people and to maintain relationships with those that have cared enough to stick with me so far. And the opportunities I've had! I definitely can't complain.
I hope you've all had great years as well and if anything, take a look back and consider the things you did for the first time this year. No matter how bad a year may have been, I think looking at it this way makes it all seem a little brighter and is something to look forward to moving on.
Anyway, see you all in 2013!